My dear readers,
As some of you might have seen on Twitter, I had the great opportunity to attend an extraordinary event organised by Air France in collaboration with Aéroports de Paris at CDG airport last week. This first time event was imagined for 40 members of Flyertalk, the most popular frequent flyer community. You can discover their website here http://www.flyertalk.com/.
During two days, we have been guided by very kind Air France managers through various workshops. The goal was for Air France to share with us the « behind the scene » but also to collect feedbacks from frequent flyers. Indeed, thanks to their many experiences with very different airlines (which was very impressive for me who is not (yet) used to fly a lot), members of Flyertalk brought the airline very interesting feedback and points of comparison with competitors.
What I will do on my blog is a different article for every workshop we had. This article can be considered as an introduction where I will put the direct links to each detailed article as soon as they will be published.
Now, just to make your mouth water, here are the upcoming articles :
- Tour of the Hub Operations Control Center, a giant platform organised in open space where all professions are represented, from the border police to the pilot. You can read the report by clicking here (published 11/05/2012)
- Tour of Servair 1, the unit in charge of the catering for long-haul flights from CDG (visit of all the preparation of meals for business classes as well as for economy classes and finally buffet tasting of meals proposed in Air France flights). You can read the report by clicking here (published 15/05/2012)
- Meeting with Air France CEO Alexandre de Juniac for a session of questions and answers. You can read the report by clicking here (published 20/05/2012)
- Workshops in the Air France crew training center (discussions with Marketing teams about customer experience especially during short and medium haul and about Flyingblue loyalty programm and conversation in a cabin simulator with a flight attendant and a chief pilot). You can read the report here (published 25/05/2012)
- Tour of ramp operations during the preparation of an Air France Boeing 777-300ER to JFK (visit inside of the cargo part of the aircraft, discovery of the landing gear, the engines, the process to load the lugagges and finally participation to the push-back). You can read the report here (published 01/06/2012)
- Exclusive visit of the all-new (and not finished yet) Satellite S4 which will open this summer to welcome Air France long-haul passengers. You can read the report here.
And discover also the Air France video made for the event ! => Air France à l’écoute de ses clients – Air France listens to its customers !
As you can see, a lot of great experiences ! And I would like to thank the Air France team and people from Flyertalk (especially Christian) who organised this incredible event. I’m sure all the participants really enjoyed these two days and felt like kids in the middle of a giant playground area. Thanks also to all the people I met there. And finally, a special thank to Marina Tymen, once more, who invited me even though I was (at the time) not a member of Flyertalk.
See you soon for the articles and thanks for reading ! 🙂